Posting Number: req18277
Department: College of Nursing
Location: University of Arizona Health Sciences
Address: 1305 N. Martin Ave, Tucson, AZ 85721 USA
The Vice Chair/DNP Director will provide leadership, direction, coordination, and supervision for the Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP) program in the the Advanced Nursing Practice and Science Division. The Vice Chair will provide strategic input, operational oversight, and organizational leadership in collaboration with the Chair of the ANPS division. This position will report to the Dean of the College of Nursing.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state and optional retirement plans; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work-life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona and relocations services, please click here.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide strategic and day-to-day operational leadership for the DNP program, faculty, and students.
- Lead DNP curriculum development and evaluation in collaboration with faculty.
- Ensure program is consistent with Arizona State Board of Nursing rules, Commission
on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE) , Council on
Occupational Education (COE) or Accreditation
Commission for Midwifery Education (ACME) accreditation, Arizona Board of Regents (ABOR) and CON policies.
- Develop and implement CON processes, resources, standards, and procedures.
- Strategically lead funding initiatives (e.g., HRSA, state-level, etc.) Health
Resources and Services Administration to bring resources. to support advanced nursing practice and science education.
- Seek opportunities for new synergies between DNP program and larger University and community partners.
in Nursing, or a Master’s in Nursing with a PhD in a health-related field.
- At least 5 years of experience in advanced nursing education.
- At least 2 years of leadership in advanced
- Active license as an Advanced Practice Nurse.
- Holds active certification in specialty.
- Eligible for Associate or Full Clinical
Professor in rank.
- Interprofessional education experience.
Full Time/Part Time: Full Time
Number of Hours Worked per Week: 40
Job FTE: 1.0
Work Calendar: Fiscal
Job Category: Faculty
Benefits Eligible: Yes – Full Benefits
Rate of Pay: Salary depending on rank
Compensation Type: salary at 1.0 full-time equivalency (FTE)
Type of criminal background check required: Name-based criminal background check (non-security sensitive)
Number of Vacancies: 1
Contact Information for Candidates
Hyochol Brian Ahn, PhD, APRN, ANP-BC, FAAN
Dean and Professor | hb****@ar*****.edu
Open Until Filled: Yes
Documents Needed to Apply: Curriculum Vitae (CV), Cover Letter, and Two Additional Documents
Special Instructions to Applicant
Please submit the following materials with your application:
- 1. Current Curriculum Vitae
2. Cover Letter
3. Statement of Scholarship Interests
4. Statement of Teaching Philosophy
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As a Hispanic-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.
The University of Arizona is a committed Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Institution. Women, minorities, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.