Chamberlain University has a 130-year history and the mission to educate, empower, and embolden diverse healthcare
professionals who advance the health of people, families, communities, and nations. We’re 99,000 strong, with 31,000 students and
68,000 alumni armed with the skills, passion, and determination to make a difference in today’s complex healthcare environment. By
living Chamberlain Care®, we’ve built a culture in which colleagues and students thrive and we graduate extraordinary healthcare
professionals who transform the health of people worldwide.
Our regionally accredited University is comprised of the College of
Nursing and the College of Health Professions. Our College of Nursing offers a Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) degree program at 23
campuses and online post-licensure degree programs and certificates including RN to BSN, RN to MSN, a Master of Science in Nursing (MSN)
with six Specialty Tracks, and a Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP). Our College of Health Professions offers online options with a Master of
Public Health degree, Public Health Certificate programs, and a Master of Social Work degree. Learn more about Chamberlain University, part
of Adtalem Global Education, at www.chamberlain.edu.
Opportunity at a GlanceAre you ready to make the leap into nursing academics? Do you have a passion
for shaping the next generation of nursing students by advocating for their success? Chamberlain University is looking for a Nurse Student
Learning Specialist to assist students with the mastery of material including didactic and clinical learning concepts, as well as patient
care simulations. This role is similar to a tutor or a campus-based hospital preceptor and is great for nurses who want to gain higher
education and academic experience with the possibility of transitioning into a faculty role in the future. Collaborating with academic
partners, faculty and staff, the Specialist provides strategies and academic reinforcement to students throughout their academic program and
as they prepare for success with the NCLEX-RN exam. Working with students individually and in small groups, the Specialist assesses learning
styles, identifies strengths, and discovers opportunities for academic development. Specialists create and implement personalized
remediation plans for our students as they prepare for academic and professional success. In addition, the Specialist supports all
clinical learning lab and simulated patient care learning experiences for students. This is a full-time on-campus position located in
- Supports instruction, remediation and evaluation in didactic and clinical learning concepts
including patient care
- Demonstrates current, detailed, accurate knowledge of concepts tested by the NCLEX-RN as well as
currency in nursing practice to provide academic
- Demonstrates current, detailed, and accurate knowledge of University
programs and accurately communicates academic policies and regulations to
- Demonstrates effective behaviors and
accountability in meeting the following standards of service excellence to students, fellow team members, and external agencies:
Friendliness and courtesy, professional environment, effective communication, and first class service
- Communicates and
documents (reporting) students’ academic and co-curricular progress toward achievement of student and program learning outcomes to
- Prepares and maintains labs and simulated patient care environments with equipment, supplies, media,
computers, and materials needed to replicate a simulated healthcare setting.
- Collaborates with course coordinators and
faculty to ensure preparation of lab supplies and equipment based on faculty requests and course schedules
- Assists in
developing and implementing detailed clinically- based scenarios for the simulated learning experiences, including use of high-fidelity
- Operates and maintains computerized and non-computerized simulation
to and attends national academic and clinical learning conferences (either University or External Organizations/Associations.
- Coordinates and supervises lab experiences to ensure that students have the opportunity to meet course objectives.
- Provides individual oversight to students during practice and/or remediation of technical nursing skills as requested by course
- Participates in planning and scheduling learning spaces for students and faculty by ensuring open lab and structured lab
utilization times are available, communicated, and appropriately resourced.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Complies with all policies and standards
- Bachelor’s Degree in nursing Required
- Nursing Preferred
- 1 year year
experience in an academic environment supporting classroom instruction or specialized tutoring support Preferred
communication skills with proven ability to communicate via telephone, computer, and in person.
- Unencumbered RN license Required
- BLS CPR Required and
- BLS CPR instructor certification; Required and
- ACLS and /or PALS Preferred
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. At Adtalem, we welcome everyone and have a strong commitment towards diversity and inclusion. We encourage our Colleagues to be their true authentic selves and support laws that prohibit discrimination everywhere we do business. We also maintain a drug-free workplace.