**Please Note: An applicant may redact any information on an unofficial transcript that reveals years of attendance,
date of graduation, or age.**
**Please Note: Pueblo Community College is not able to provide sponsorship for applicants who do not
currently have the legal right to work in the United States or require transfer of a Visa.**
NOTE: **Must be a resident of the State
of Colorado or able to relocate to Colorado prior to first date of employment.**
Pueblo Community College
We at Pueblo Community College (PCC) believe that diversity, equity, and inclusion drive our success, and we
encourage candidates from all identities, backgrounds, and abilities to apply. We are an equal opportunity employer committed to building
inclusive, innovative work environments with employees who reflect our communities and enthusiastically serve them. We seek leaders
committed to the same.
Pueblo Community College embraces continuous improvement and has adopted it as its culture and as a necessary
part of every job. Our job descriptions incorporate and utilize the principles and tools of continuous improvement found in the Higher
Learning Commission (HLC) Open Pathways model. The Open Pathways is unique in that its improvement component, the Quality Initiative,
affords institutions the opportunity to pursue improvement projects that meet their current needs and aspirations.
The PCC Simulation Center provides opportunities for active and interactive learning that
improves clinical knowledge, skills and expertise ensuring that quality patient care is provided and outcomes are optimized. The Simulation
Center assists in achieving this purpose by providing a state-of-the art training environment for the students within the divisions of
Medical and Behavioral Health /Health & Public Safety and for external training opportunities with area businesses.
This specifically exists to provide as needed daily operation of all equipment in the simulation
center along with logistics and maintenance of that equipment. This position will work with the Director of the Simulation Center,
Simulation Coordinator, department chairs and faculty of the Medical and Behavioral Health /Health & Public Safety divisions, providing
technological functions of the simulation program, which supports the course curriculum of each program area.
This position is
a PRN position, schedule is not to exceed 28 hours per week.
Participate in student simulations, which includes:
- Operation of computer, setting up the appropriate scenario
based on the learning objective, and voice of mannequin.
- This function requires knowledge of simulation software, the platform for
running the mannequins,
- Prepare the clinical environment for scenarios based on the learning objective and the required supplies and
materials for each.
Essential Task #2
Identify software and hardware problems. This includes network-related
simulator and desktop computer-related issues.
- Reports and consults Simulation Coordinator and determines the course of corrective
Essential Task #3
Prepare documents for scenarios, which includes simulated patient charts and
faculty/student resources that are pertinent for the specific scenario.
Essential Task #4
administrative duties which includes:
- Make copies of materials as needed and as requested.
- Organize and receive supplies
for the laboratory and simulations.
- Maintain and keep track of the inventory of supplies to ensure adequacy and availability
supply needs to Simulation Coordinator.
- Stocking of supplies in simulation and control rooms.
This list of essential functions is
not exhaustive and other functions may be added at the discretion of Pueblo Community College or the employee’s supervisor.
Permanently-added tasks shall be reviewed by Human Resources for appropriate position classification and
- Works as part of a team.
- Communicates effectively with students,
colleagues and others.
- Interacts professionally and respectfully with students, colleagues and others.
- Assesses individual and
department work processes and recommends improvements.
- Complies with System and College protocols and departmental procedures.
and maintains proficiency with required systems and equipment.
- Maintains confidentiality of student and employee information as
- Associates degree in healthcare related area.
- One-year experience of in-patient or emergency healthcare.
skills, and abilities:
- Use of computer technology including, but not limited to, Microsoft Office and
- Commitment to working as a team member.
- Ability to problem solve and analyze situations, identify existing or potential
problems and recommend solutions.
- This is a prn (as needed) position.
- Normal business hours and
Pueblo Community College is an equal opportunity educational institution and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, or disability in its activities, programs, or employment practices as required by Title VI, Title IX, Section 504, Age Discrimination Act, and Title II of the ADA