Do you want to work for an innovative and exciting organisation who offer many employee benefits and incentives? We are looking for a Senior Technical Fellow – Manufacturing Engineer. Combining your knowledge and interpersonal skills you will provide strategic and technical support to help some of the most complex nuclear sites in the UK.
Day to Day Activities:
• You will lead the strategy development and technical delivery of manufacturing innovation projects, supporting decommissioning, nuclear new build and research projects.
• Lead a small team of researchers and engineers who in turn will apply and demonstrate technologies that will reduce costs and improve the security of supply to a range of manufactured products.
• You will be the technical authority on manufacturing processes relating to, but not limited to; machining, welding, non-destructive evaluation, metrology, automation, assembly, factory planning and cost planning.
• Working with our project managers you will deliver quality projects for the customer, ensuring deadlines and budgets are managed and met.
• You will also work with our business development team to develop new business in line with our objectives for the centre and the wider High Value Manufacturing Catapult. This exciting opportunity will provide the chance to travel both nationally and internationally on a regular basis, building your network and contacts and interacting with our partners. Skills and experience required:
• A good technical degree (mechanical or manufacturing) or can demonstrate an equivalent level of expertise gained through relevant experience.
• Can demonstrate expertise in both low and high-volume manufacturing processes and methodologies.
• In-depth knowledge of manufacturing processes such as machining, welding, metrology, assembly, Non-Destructive Examination etc.
• Proven aptitude and experience of leading manufacturing development projects for regulated industries.
We are committed to investing in our staff and exploring flexible working opportunities which benefit the individual and University. We believe in the importance of encouraging an inclusive workplace and strive to offer meaningful development opportunities. To get a better idea of what it is like to work here please check out our webpage. We’re one of the best not-for-profit organisations to work for in the UK. The University’s Total Reward Package includes a competitive salary, a generous Pension Scheme and annual leave entitlement, as well as access to a range of learning and development courses to support your personal and professional development. We build teams of people from different heritages and lifestyles from across the world, whose talent and contributions complement each other to greatest effect. We believe diversity in all its forms delivers greater impact through research, teaching and student experience. To find out what makes the University of Sheffield a remarkable place to work, watch this short film: www.youtube.com/watch?v=7LblLk18zmo, and follow @sheffielduni and @ShefUniJobs on Twitter for more information.