Duration: Fixed Term 28 months, or available until 05/05/2026, whichever is sooner
The School of Natural and Built Environment (NBE) at Queen’s University Belfast, is currently seeking to appoint a Research Fellow to be a highly productive, ambitious and collaborative member of the Building Boards from Waste Streams research team, assisting in the development of research proposals and the planning and delivery of the research activity, specifically, the development of novel, durable fire resistant construction boards that are superior to all other products currently available. The new boards will make use of recycled materials, have low production energy resulting in environmentally friendly product.
The successful candidate must have, and your application should clearly demonstrate that you meet the following criteria:
- Have or be about to obtain a *relevant PhD. (*Civil Engineering, Materials Science, Chemistry)
(NB ‘About to obtain’ is normally defined as within 3 months of application date).
- Specific, relevant research experience to include:
- Undertaking research in the area of material science and/or chemistry
- Analyses, critical evaluations, and interpretations of experimental data from testing techniques which will influence material
- Working effectively as part of a research team in the development and promotion of the research theme.
Please note the above are not an exhaustive list.
Fixed term contract posts are available for the stated period in the first instance but in particular circumstances may be renewed or made permanent subject to availability of funding.
Closing Date: 04/12/2023
Anticipated Interview Date: 18/12/2023
Information about the School of Natural and Built Environment can be found at www.qub.ac.uk/schools/NBE/
At Queen’s our people are at the heart of everything we do. As a staff member you will become part of a vibrant organisational culture, which will provide you with the opportunity to achieve your full potential and enhance your career through a continuous focus on learning and development.
We offer an excellent employment package that includes:
- Great terms & conditions
- Pension schemes
- Flexible working by enabling you to design your working week in collaboration with your manager through a blend of remote and office working
- Family-friendly initiatives
- Career development opportunities
- Support for health & mental wellbeing
- Generous holiday entitlement of 8.4 weeks a year (made up of 23 days annual leave, 10 closure days and 9 bank holidays)
Further information on our attractive package can be found at www.qub.ac.uk/directorates/HumanResources/pay-reward-and-benefits/
Queen’s University is committed to promoting equality of opportunity to all. We have created an inclusive culture by establishing staff networks such as iRise (Black, Asian, Minority Ethnic and International Staff Network) and PRISM (LGBTQ+) which help us progress equality.
We also subscribe to Equality Charter Marks such as the Diversity Charter Mark NI in addition to Athena Swan. For further information on our commitment to Equality, Diversity and Inclusion, please visit: www.qub.ac.uk/diversity; www.qub.ac.uk/sites/QueensGenderInitiative/ and www.qub.ac.uk/sites/StaffGateway/StaffNetworks/
For further information about the role including the essential and desirable criteria please visit www.qub.ac.uk/jobs or click to Apply.