It is an exciting time for the South West Nuclear Hub and for nuclear. The announcements of new reactors designs, Great British Nuclear and the Nuclear Skills Taskforce has provided fresh impetus to the sector. The hub is a membership organisation of Universities, industry, SMEs (Small Medium Enterprises) and government, pursuing research, innovation and skills in nuclear. As the South West Nuclear Hub Officer, you will be responsible for managing the member relationships and the day-to-day running of the hub.
You will be part of the small South West Nuclear Hub team, based in the Industrial Liaison Office in the Faculty of Engineering at the University of Bristol. The Industrial Liaison Office will connect you to around 45 other research project managers, and in this role, you will work with stakeholders across the University of Bristol and all hub members, engaging diverse needs in a dynamic working environment.
This role is part-time at 0.6FTE (21 hour per week). There are no specific requirements for your working days or start and finish times, so you can structure your working week.
What will you be doing?
- Form, manage and grow the member relationships in the South West Nuclear Hub.
- Lead the day-to-day operations of the hub, including administration, finance and governance.
- Contribute to the hub strategy and the tactical delivery of hub priorities.
You should apply if
For a full view of requirements please look at the job description, but if the below describes you, we’d encourage you to apply.
- You want to help shape the delivery of a nationally-recognised membership organisation with research leaders across academia, industry and government.
- You have strong communication and interpersonal skills, with experience in relationship management.
- You are well-organised and can prioritise work in a fast pace environment, delivering high-quality outputs.
- You are a team player and comfortable working on a variety of activities independently and with colleagues.
Why choose us?
Join a top-ranked UK research university, offering a hybrid work environment, competitive pay, and flexible working arrangements. Benefit from attractive perks, a generous pension scheme, and access to development and well-being programs. Embrace our inclusive culture, join diverse staff networks, and become part of a supportive community.
For informal queries please contact:
South West Nuclear Hub Research and Strategy Manager (line manager to the role),
Tom Robinson, to**********@br*****.uk, 0117 456 0552.
To find out more about what it’s like to work in the Faculty of Engineering, and how the Faculty supports people to achieve their potential, please see our staff blog:
Interviews are anticipated to be held on w/c 30/10/2023.
Our strategy and mission
We recently launched our strategy to 2030 tying together our mission, vision and values.
The University of Bristol aims to be a place where everyone feels able to be themselves and do their best in an inclusive working environment where all colleagues can thrive and reach their full potential. We want to attract, develop, and retain individuals with different experiences, backgrounds and perspectives – particularly people of colour, LGBT+ and disabled people – because diversity of people and ideas remains integral to our excellence as a global civic institution.