Job ID: 307909
The Academic and Nursing Simulation Lab Technology Assistant is responsible for supporting faculty and staff with use of various technologies in the nursing program (e.g., Canvas, ATI, ExamSoft, Castlebranch, Typhon) and multiple simulation equipment within the Nursing Simulation and Resource Lab.
- Manages student databases and appropriate access.
- Provides support for troubleshooting system issues.
- Engages in data retrieval as appropriate.
- Supports onboarding of new faculty, staff, and students in training on appropriate systems.
- Assists in preparing School of Nursing end-of-semester reports as directed by the program director.
- Associate’s degree in computer science, computer systems technology, or a closely related field.
- 1 year of computing support experience.
- Experience in Health care.
- Educational technology support experience.
- Knowledge of Windows, Mac, and Android operating systems.
- Understanding of networking and multimedia support.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office suite.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent Customer service focus and high level of professionalism.
- Ability to prioritize.
- Familiarity with Indiana University central systems, Exchange E-mail, and Canvas.
- Knowledge of basic navigation in web/internet-based applications.
- Ability to learn and master programming with simulator and logic-based simulation scenario software.
- Strong technical and problem-solving skills, particularly related to complex computer, audio, and video hardware and software.
- Knowledge of University Administrative Systems.
- Demonstrated understanding related to health care (e.g., medical terminology, anatomy, etc.).
$20.00 per hour.
20 hours per week.
For full-time staff employees, Indiana University offers a wide array of benefits including:
- Multiple plan options for medical insurance
- Dental insurance
- Health Savings Account with generous IU contribution
- Life insurance, LTD, and AD&D options
- Base retirement plan contribution from IU, subject to vesting
- Additional supplemental retirement plan options
- Tuition benefit for IU classes
- 10 paid holidays per year
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Learn more about our benefits by reviewing our online Benefits Brochure.
Career Level: Part Time Employee
Job Function: Part Time Employee
Job Family: Part Time Employee
Equal Employment Opportunity
Indiana University is an equal employment and affirmative action employer and a provider of ADA services. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment based on individual qualifications. Indiana University prohibits discrimination based on age, ethnicity, color, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, national origin, disability status or protected veteran status. Indiana University does not discriminate on the basis of sex in its educational programs and activities, including employment and admission, as required by Title IX. Questions or complaints regarding Title IX may be referred to the U.S. Department of Education Office for Civil Rights or the university Title IX Coordinator. See Indiana University’s Notice of Non-Discrimination here which includes contact information.