Job Type: Part time
Job Number: JR-015687
Location: Home Office
salary range for this role takes into account the wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including but
not limited to skill sets; experience and training; licensure and certifications; and other business and organizational needs.
WGU, it is not typical for an individual to be hired at or near the top of the range for their role, and compensation decisions are
dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. A reasonable estimate of the current range is:
Pay Range: $29,950.00 –
If you’re passionate about building a better future for individuals, communities, and our country-and you’re committed to
working hard to play your part in building that future-consider WGU as the next step in your career.
Driven by a mission to expand
access to higher education through online, competency-based degree programs, WGU is also committed to being a great place to work for a
diverse workforce of student-focused professionals. The university has pioneered a new way to learn in the 21st century, one that has
received praise from academic, industry, government, and media leaders. Whatever your role, working for WGU gives you a part to play in
helping students graduate, creating a better tomorrow for themselves and their families.
Our Part-Time Compensation Range is between
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Acts as a steward for carrying out WGU’s mission
and strategic vision by demonstrating effective and consistent commitment to learner-centered, competency-based educational
- Responsible to monitor the course progress of an assigned group of learners in their course(s) and proactively offer
support at key points of the student journey.
- Provides expertise in assigned content area and maintains current knowledge in their
- Fosters student learning through innovative, effective teaching practices.
- Responds with urgency to meet student
needs and communicates professionally and respectfully with students and all other members of the WGU community.
- Offers timely
support and outreach to students, including meeting service level agreements as outlined by their department.
- Uses technology-based
teaching and communication platforms to aid students in the development of competencies.
- Collaborates with other professionals
within the university to promote a positive, student-obsessed atmosphere.
- Participates in all required training
- Responds with urgency to changing requirements, priorities, and short deadlines.
- Consistently exhibits WGU
- Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned as the position evolves.
Skill and Abilities:
- Demonstrated ability to customize instructional support for learners with a variety of needs and
- Must demonstrate technological competency: Proficiency in Microsoft Office (or similar) applications,
virtual instructional platforms, and student management systems.
- Extraordinary customer service orientation.
- Strong verbal
and written communication skills, with ability to present information clearly, concisely, and accurately; friendly, persuasive speaking and
- Well organized – conscientious and thorough with detail.
- Ability to use data to make
- Strong understanding, acceptance, adherence and promotion of the tenets of competency-based education in the WGU
Organizational or Student Impact:
- Accountable for decisions that impact
- Creates or facilitates learning experiences that support students’ attainment of knowledge and
- With specific guidance from senior faculty and program leaders, acts independently in executing teaching practice.
Problem Solving & Decision Making:
- Works on diverse matters of limited complexity.
- Receives general direction from
their immediate supervisor or manager.
- Effectively utilizes resources to address student concerns and inquiries.
student needs to help them achieve course or program outcomes at the individual student level.
- Follows university and department
established policies and best practices.
Communication & Influence:
- Communicates with students as appropriate to
support student questions and needs.
- Communicates with fellow faculty members as appropriate within and outside of the
- Provides feedback regarding discipline and practice leadership.
Leadership & Talent Management
- Serves as a contributing and collegial member of teams.
- Adheres to learning and operational quality guidance and
- Supports initiatives within the area of specialty.
- Displays a positive attitude toward change and supports
change management practices.
- Separate qualifications and/or licensure may be required for some degree programs.
- State and/or
federal legislative requirements and/or college accreditation requirements may apply to maintain the necessary credentialing for this
- Qualifications and/or licensure/certifications vary by degree programs.
- Experience with distance education and distance learning students is preferred.
As an equal opportunity employer, WGU
recognizes that our strength lies in our people. We are committed to diversity.
As an equal opportunity employer, WGU recognizes that our strength lies in our people.
We are committed to diversity.