Chamberlain University has a 130-year history and the mission to educate, empower, and embolden diverse healthcare professionals who
advance the health of people, families, communities, and nations. We’re 99,000 strong, with 31,000 students and 68,000 alumni armed with the
skills, passion, and determination to make a difference in today’s complex healthcare environment. By living Chamberlain Care®, we’ve
built a culture in which colleagues and students thrive and we graduate extraordinary healthcare professionals who transform the health of
Our regionally accredited University is comprised of the College of Nursing and the College of Health Professions.
Our College of Nursing offers a Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) degree program at 23 campuses and online post-licensure degree programs
and certificates including RN to BSN, RN to MSN, a Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) with six Specialty Tracks, and a Doctor of Nursing
Practice (DNP). Our College of Health Professions offers online options with a Master of Public Health degree, Public Health Certificate
programs, and a Master of Social Work degree. Learn more about Chamberlain University, part of Adtalem’s Global Education, at www.chamberlain.edu.
Do you remember the professor who encouraged you to believe in yourself
and in your ability to be the successful nurse professional you are today? Now you can be that professor with Chamberlain
College of Nursing where our mission is to provide extraordinary care for students. Every day you can create the “a-ha” moment of
sudden insight and comprehension that may forever influence their nursing careers.
If you are passionate about
nursing and advancing your career through the power of education, we encourage you to apply to our Las Vegas
campus-based position today.
Evidence-Based Teaching/ Learning and Master Instruction
- Take responsibility for program outcomes by implementing the College’s philosophy, curriculum and course objectives through classroom,
online, clinical teaching, and service to the University, community, health system and profession.
- Develop curricular/teaching
innovations in the annual preparation and revision of assigned course(s).
- Assume responsibility for all autonomous aspects of
individual teaching loads.
- Monitor clinical agencies for appropriateness for student clinical experiences and ability to meet
clinical course outcomes.
- Plan clinical experiences for and provide direct/ indirect supervision and evaluation of nursing students
delivering nursing care to an individual or group of individuals.
- In cooperation with clinical agencies and University departments,
provide oversight for clinical preceptors/ mentors for student clinical experiences and coordinates and evaluate those preceptors/
- Provide documented feedback to students on level of performance based on course outcomes.
- Provide student
remediation within assigned courses.
- Communicate up-to-date information about agency/clinical policies, procedures, and
- Post developed clinical assignments consistent with student’s knowledge base, skill competency and learning
Professional Role Model/ Chamberlain University Care
- Serve as a positive professional
role model for students, assisting in their professional/social development.
- Serve as an informal leader, mentor, and role model
for other faculty and staff in the areas of customer service, collaboration, communication, excellence and general professionalism.
- Mentor new faculty members.
Commitment to Professional Nursing
- Participate in professional
activities outside the University
- Contribute to the development,
implementation and evaluation of the programs and the philosophy of the University.
- Participate in academic advisement and
counseling for an assigned group of students while participating in assessment of potential and real counseling concerns for all students
with whom the faculty come into contact.
- Contribute to the development and evaluation of student admission, progression, retention
and graduation policies within the University.
- Provide opportunities for student and graduate evaluation of curriculum and teaching
and program effectiveness.
- Provide recommendations to the program leader regarding budgetary needs for the University.
- Demonstrate significant leadership within the University by accepting or initiating, as part of the workload, responsibility for
activities such as:
- Chairing or serving on University committees
- Chairing and/ or serving on work groups that contribute
to preparation for accreditation visits
- Gathering and analyzing data related to course, curriculum and program review to foster
continuous quality improvement
- Serving as course coordinator, course lead or Subject Matter Expert (SME)
actions taken in faculty and committee meetings as appropriate
Nursing Practice Expertise
- Demonstrate scholarship through the Scholarship of Teaching, Discovery, Application, or Integration congruent with expectations of
- Demonstrate a practice of scholarly teaching characterized by keeping course materials and content current, applying
principles of evidence based teaching, participating in and welcoming peer review of teaching, and reflection on one’s own teaching.
Complete other duties as assigned.
- Master’s Degree in Nursing*
- Professional nurse licensure required
- Minimum of 2 years of nursing experience working in
a clinical setting
- Prior teaching experience
- Experientially prepared to teach assigned courses
- A passion for
teaching and openness to teaching a variety of courses
- Maintain current regulatory and practice credentials, when appropriate,
based on assignment
- Excellent communication skills along with a high level of initiative and prudent judgment
Requirements: Demonstrates scholarship congruent with the level of rank.
*Education and experience must align with
regulations in the state and comply with the rules and regulations of state authorization agencies, which may include the higher education
board and/or licensing board in multiple states.
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. At Adtalem, we welcome everyone and have a strong commitment towards diversity and inclusion. We encourage our Colleagues to be their true authentic selves and support laws that prohibit discrimination everywhere we do business. We also maintain a drug-free workplace.