East Stroudsburg University is hiring a Manager for the Center for Simulation Education! Located in the beautiful Pocono Mountains of Pennsylvania, ESU’s proximity to New York City and Philadelphia provides convenient access to internships, careers and social activities. Just minutes from campus are the country’s largest water parks, scenic Delaware Water Gap Recreation Area, Appalachian Trail, and other opportunities for recreational fun.
As the Manager of the Center for Simulation Education, you will need to be comfortable managing the facility and assisting faculty with clinical simulations in our new Center for Simulation Education. You will be an active member of the College of Health Sciences team and will work closely with the Dean to manage all aspects of the simulation center including policy and procedure creation for its use. You will thrive in this role if you like combining your expert technical skills and knowledge of health science programs to correlate simulation center activities with the curriculum. To be successful in this role, you must be a team player, have stellar communication skills, and be very organized.
Your normal hours will be Monday to Friday 8 am – 4:30 pm but you may have to flex your schedule from time to time based on the needs of the business to be a true Manager. Travel to simulation conferences and/or workshops may be required (1-2 conferences per year). When our team shows up for work, they are energized and motivated to succeed – all while being the most crucial piece to keeping the ESU operations humming.
What Will I Do At ESU? (AKA Essential Duties)
- Manage sim lab operations, including budget and session schedules.
- Create operational policies and procedures that protect and preserve the quality of the sim lab experience.
- Collaborate with chairs, directors, faculty, coordinators, and external organizations in identifying, developing, and implementing simulation-based activities.
- Assess needs and assure integration of simulation-based activities in undergraduate and graduate curricula to meet identified needs.
- Create, plan, implement, and evaluate simulation-based learning experiences in collaboration with faculty.
- Guide faculty with simulation lab instruction including demonstrations, guided practice, and skill evaluation for health science students. Assist with students who require technical guidance.
- Work with faculty to evaluate the effectiveness of simulations as educational and assessment tools.
- Plan scheduled use of the lab/equipment; provide advice and training for faculty regarding simulation laboratory procedures, location and use of materials, and the operation of equipment; provide training and enforcement of safety procedures to individuals, including faculty, and students, and staff using the simulation laboratory.
- Ensure maintenance of patient simulators, task trainers, and virtual equipment is on a current schedule.
- Conduct tours and simulation sessions for internal/external groups and/or individuals.
- Keep current on technical and educational developments in the field of simulation.
- Assist faculty with research projects as directed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
What We’re Looking For (AKA Qualifications)
- Master’s Degree in Nursing or health-related field. Or BS with extensive experience.
- Current Certification as a Healthcare Simulation Educator (CHSE) preferred.
- Expert technical skills and knowledge of health science programs to correlate simulation center activities with the curriculum.
- Knowledge and experience with computer programs such as UNI simulator control software and prebuilt scenarios will be expected.
- Experience working in Teams, WORD, Excel, Powerpoint, and other related software.
- Able to work independently with minimal guidance but also as part of a healthcare professional team.
- Demonstrated ability to anticipate and adjust for problems or roadblocks; can change tactics midstream when something isn’t working.
- Skilled presenter in varying situations.
- Demonstrated ability to show dedication in meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers.
- Demonstrated commitment to continuous improvement, learning, and positivity.
What We Offer
- Outstanding benefits package including medical from date of hire, retirement contributions, employee wellness program, and paid leave
- Salary range starts at: $55,000 annually
- Living by the Warrior Code:
- Accountable for One’s Actions
- Committed to Self-Growth
- Willing to Sacrifice for the Greater Good
- Positive, Honest, and Loyal
- Respectful of the Environment and Community
- Dedicated to Empowering Others
We believe diversity, inclusion and belonging is key for our teams.
Much like our academic programs, we are proud to foster a workplace that is unique to higher education. As an organization focused on diversity, inclusion and belonging, we are committed to ensuring our employees are comfortable bringing their authentic selves to work every day. A unique perspective is critical to solving complex problems and inspiring others.
And yes, legal made us spell this out…
Must be at least 18 years old and be able to read and write English. Employment with ESU is contingent on the selected candidate passing a thorough background check that includes: FBI fingerprinting, PA Child Abuse, and employment. We are proud ESU is an equal opportunity employer. For more information on President Long’s 10-point plan, click here: https://www.esu.edu/president/10-action-plan.cfm
Minorities, Women, Persons with Disabilities, and Vietnam era Veterans are encouraged to apply at East Stroudsburg University where there is an intrinsic moral and legal commitment to AA/EEO
Visit our homepage at www.esu.edu