Job ID: 265615
Located in the fastest-growing region of the state, the University of North Georgia is a multi-campus university with an enrollment of nearly 20,000 students, making it one of the largest institutions in the University System of Georgia. UNG is focused on a mission of educational excellence, leadership development and community engagement opportunities that develop students into leaders for a diverse and global society. Through a variety of educational pathways that provide access and range from certificates and associate degrees to a professional doctoral program, UNG is responsive to regional education and economic development needs. Federally designated as a senior military college, one of the university’s signature leadership programs is its 800-member Corps of Cadets on UNG’s Dahlonega Campus.
The University of North Georgia, Department of Nursing is accepting applications for a 12-month, full-time faculty member for the Accelerated Bachelor of Science in Nursing track.
- Responsible for teaching undergraduate students enrolled in the Accelerated Bachelor of Science in Nursing (ABSN) track.
- This position includes expectations for teaching, scholarship, and service.
- Responsibilities include didactic, clinical, laboratory instruction, and/ or clinical in regional health care settings.
- Teaching schedule may require some travel to clinical sites in the metro-Atlanta area and the North Georgia region or between campuses.
- Masters in nursing required.
- Minimum of two (2) years’ recent experience as a Registered Nurse.
- Current license in Georgia as a registered professional nurse required.
- Preference will be given to candidates who have a masters in nursing or higher and have academic teaching experience in a Bachelor of Science in Nursing program.
Required Documents to Attach
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae, Cover Letter, and Transcripts
- Contact information for three professional references
Conditions of Employment
Offers of employment are contingent upon completion of a background investigation including a criminal background check demonstrating your eligibility for employment with the University of North Georgia, as determined by University of North Georgia in its sole discretion, confirmation of the credentials and employment history reflected in your application materials and, if applicable, a satisfactory credit check. Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug test.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of North Georgia, a unit of the University System of Georgia, is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sex or national origin, age, disability, religion, genetics or veteran status. Georgia is an open records state. Also, UNG is a federal contractor and desires priority referrals of protected veterans.
- This is not a supervisory position.
- This position does not have any financial responsibilities.
- This position will be required to drive.
- This role is considered a position of trust.
- This position does not require a purchasing card (P-Card).
- This position may travel 1% – 24% of the time
- Position of Trust + Education
Special Applicant Instructions
- If you received any graduate degrees from an institution outside the United States, you must provide a foreign course-by-course credential evaluation by an independent evaluation service that is a member of the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services, Inc. (NACES). Find a full list of NACES members at http://www.naces.org/members.htm.
University of North Georgia is committed to providing equal opportunity to all qualified applicants without discrimination at the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, sex, age, disability or handicap as a matter of college policy and as required by applicable state and federal laws.