Location: McKinney Campus
2200 W. University Drive, McKinney, Texas, 75071
We are searching for candidates that meet the required qualifications and experience and are able to perform the essential duties and
Provide instruction and facilitate check off for RNSG courses including lectures, labs,
and independent study. Participate in curriculum development and review and order instructional materials and equipment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Teach skills during RNSG 1216 and during open lab and
lecture to students in RNSG 1216 as assigned.
- Monitor and teach during independent study in the hospital.
- Review computer
software, and videos, and advise faculty on recommended usage of these materials in their courses.
- Order and maintain an adequate
stock of equipment; supplies as needed for skill performance courses.
- Consult and participate in curriculum development, and
development of check-off scenarios for RNSG 1216.
- Participates as an examiner during skills check-offs (clinical scenarios). Assist
Associate Faculty and FT faculty, during skills check-offs (clinical scenarios)
- Schedule use of the hospital lab as needed.
- Attend faculty meetings, and meet with faculty or director as needed.
- Assist all nursing students in the Hospital lab in
learning basic and advanced skills during independent study.
- Assist in teaching BLS (Basic Life Support) course for incoming
nursing students. Serve on the Nursing LRC Committee.
- Develop and maintain Math Mastery exams for each semester of the nursing
program. Tutor nursing students for math remediation.
- Assist in the development of, and subsequently manage the maintenance of, the
Policy and Procedures Manual for the hospital lab.
- Perform other duties as
- Perform all duties to maintain all standards in accordance with College policies, procedures and Core Values.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing standards and
- Knowledge of Texas Board of Nursing standards and guidelines
- Knowledge of the nursing program, degree
requirements, program, graduation and transfer expansion and requirements
- Knowledge of Collin website
- Knowledge of
Microsoft office software
- Knowledge of the Concept Based Curriculum Concepts and exemplars
- Knowledge of each semester
syllabi and calendar
- Organization skills
- Time management skills
- Presentation skills
- Verbal and written
- Ability to establish working relationships
- Ability to advise and assist students with program
information and progression
- Ability to coordinate labs and lectures
- Ability to develop curriculum
- Ability to
order materials and equipment
- Ability to evaluate skill performance
Physical Demands, Working Conditions and
Light Work – Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible
amount of force constantly having to move objects. If the use of arm and/or leg controls requires exertion of forces greater than that for
the Sedentary Work category and the worker sits most of the time, the job is rated Light Work. Positions in this class typically include
talking, hearing, seeing, grasping, standing, walking and repetitive motions, plus stooping, kneeling, crouching, and reaching. Relatively
free from unpleasant environmental conditions or hazards. Office environment. Occasional physical effort
Master’s degree from an accredited institution with at least 18 graduate hours in Nursing.
Successful completion of an accredited nursing program.
Two (2) years experience as a Registered Nurse.
Two (2) years clinical
nursing care experience.
Two (2) years community college or university teaching experience in both didactic and clinical education
with an accredited nursing program.
Licenses and Certifications
Registered Nursing (RN) credential from the Texas Board of
American Heart Association Basic Life Support Certification for Health Care Providers or equivalent
**This position is Security Sensitive, therefore, candidates will be subject to a criminal background check.**
The above description is an overview of the job. It is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities of the
job as duties and responsibilities may change with business needs. Collin College reserves the right to add, change, amend, or delete
portions of this job description at any time, with or without notice. Reasonable accommodations may be made by Collin College in its
discretion to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Required & Preferred Qualifications (if
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the types of duties and
responsibilities that will be required of the positions given this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the specific duties
and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically
presented in this description. Fair Labor Standards Act (exempt/non-exempt) is designated by position. The employer actively supports
Americans with Disabilities Act and will consider reasonable accommodations.
***This is a Security Sensitive position.
Therefore candidates will be subject to a criminal background check.***
For any employment questions,
please contact HR at (972) 985-3783 or send an email to: em********@co****.edu.
Collin College is an Equal
Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of any characteristic protected by applicable law.
Collin County Community College District is an equal opportunity employer and seeks applications from all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, sex, religion, age, national origin, disability or veteran status.