Salary: $57,000.00 – $63,000.00 Annually
Job Number: 2324-999817
Opening Date: 06/27/2023
9/30/2023 12:00 AM Eastern
About Lake-Sumter State College
This is an exciting time at Lake-Sumter State College!
Under the leadership of President Heather Bigard, we are embarking on a bold journey to transform the ways in which we connect and educate our students while embracing our rich history of high-quality education and personalized student support services. We currently serve over 6,500 students each year and plan to grow to over 10,000 in the next several years.
As a Lakehawk, you’ll have the opportunity to connect and collaborate with incredible faculty and staff who are focused on making a real difference in the lives of students in our community. Together, we will continue to create a significant impact to meet the needs of today’s students and prepare for future generations.
We invite you to join us in our commitment to student success.
Current opportunities available for dedicated Nursing professionals who have a passion for teaching, creatively encourage student engagement, and take great satisfaction in seeing their students’ successes and professional growth.
The Nursing Instructor is directly responsible and accountable for ensuring the fulfillment of educational goals and objectives of the Nursing Program. In addition, the Nursing Instructor will maintain a good working relationship with students, faculty, staff, administration, and members of the community. These responsibilities require leadership in both academic and workforce areas and include meeting student retention goals, participating in educational planning, evaluating student performance, motivating and advising students. This is a 9-month position, 35 hours per week, which includes 15 classroom hours, 10-office or student contact hours, and 10 hours as needed by the instructor.
The successful candidate is responsible for demonstrating LSSC core values of learning, people, student success, forward thinking, commitment to excellence, accessibility, diversity, partnerships, and sound management practices. Learn more at www.lssc.edu/about.
Maintain continued competence in assigned and related areas. Maintain a good working relationship with students, faculty, staff, and members of the community. Assist in the college’s recruitment and retention efforts. Assist with college governance by serving periodically on college committees. Observe college rules/regulations and state guidelines appropriate to faculty responsibilities. Responsible for demonstrating LSSC’s core value of Service Excellence; respect, competence, responsiveness, and collaboration, in all interactions.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Plans and carries out instructional duties, which maximize learning by students.
- Supervises students in accordance with program procedures, academic, and course related concerns.
- Teaches assigned courses in accordance with course descriptions. Performs on-site clinical practice teaching at assigned hospitals.
- Works a minimum of 35 hours per week, which includes 15 classroom hours, 10-office or student contact hours, and 10 hours as needed by the instructor.
- Assists with registration and/or recruitment when requested.
- Furnishes each student with a course syllabus listing performance objective, course expectations, grading procedures, withdrawal procedures, class attendance policies, and office phone and e-mail access.
- Functions as a member of faculty committees in developing the instructional program and educational philosophy of the college.
- Attend all scheduled or called meetings by the President or Vice President of Academic Affairs, Deans, and Department Chairs and Director of Nursing unless excused by the administrator in charge.
- Teaches all classes for the full period as scheduled.
- Evaluates student progress and achievement with clear methods presented on course syllabus.
- Utilizes evaluation results for planning, instruction, counseling, and program modification.
- Keep accurate and up-to-date records.
- Submits grade reports and other required data on or before deadline dates.
- Resolves discipline problems within sphere of responsibility.
- Assists and counsel’s students as needed including during office and campus times.
- Utilizes materials and equipment necessary to accomplish designated tasks.
- Demonstrates knowledge of current instructional developments.
- Regularly examines content of assigned courses and recommends changes to curriculum committee as needed.
- Complies with appropriate administrative rules/regulations and Board Policy.
- Participates in an annual evaluation process as specified by the Vice President Academic Affairs and Dean.
- Participates in Commencement ceremonies and Nursing pinning ceremonies.
- Maintains continuity of communication with students, community, faculty, staff, and supervisors through timely replies to meeting, phone, mail, and email requests.
- Teaches on multiple campus sites as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications & Education
- Education Required: Master’s in Nursing from an accredited institution.
- Education Preferred: Doctorate from an accredited institution.
- Experience Required: Two (2) years recent medical/surgical clinical experience.
- Certifications/Licenses: Active, clear Florida RN or APRN license.
MINORITY APPLICANTS ENCOURAGED. AN EQUAL ACCESS/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY INSTITUTION.