Job Type: Full time
Job Number: JR-015833
Location: United States –
The salary range for this role takes into account the wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions
including but not limited to skill sets; experience and training; licensure and certifications; and other business and organizational
At WGU, it is not typical for an individual to be hired at or near the top of the range for their role, and compensation
decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. A reasonable estimate of the current range is:
$59,900.00 – $89,900.00
If you’re passionate about building a better future for individuals, communities, and our country-and you’re
committed to working hard to play your part in building that future-consider WGU as the next step in your career.
Driven by a mission
to expand access to higher education through online, competency-based degree programs, WGU is also committed to being a great place to work
for a diverse workforce of student-focused professionals. The university has pioneered a new way to learn in the 21st century, one that has
received praise from academic, industry, government, and media leaders. Whatever your role, working for WGU gives you a part to play in
helping students graduate, creating a better tomorrow for themselves and their families.
Essential Functions and
- Acts as a steward for carrying out WGU’s mission and strategic vision by demonstrating effective and
consistent commitment to learner-centered, competency-based educational support.
- Responsible to monitor the course progress of an
assigned group of learners in their course(s) and proactively offer support at key points of the student journey.
- Provides expertise
in assigned content area and maintains current knowledge in their field.
- Fosters student learning through innovative, effective
- Responds with urgency to meet student needs and communicates professionally and respectfully with students and
all other members of the WGU community.
- Offers timely support and outreach to students, including meeting service level agreements
as outlined by their department.
- Uses technology-based teaching and communication platforms to aid students in the development of
- Collaborates with other professionals within the university to promote a positive, student-obsessed
- Participates in all required training activities.
- Responds with urgency to changing requirements, priorities,
and short deadlines.
- Consistently exhibits WGU Leadership Principles.
- Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned as
the position evolves.
Knowledge, Skill and Abilities:
- Demonstrated ability to customize instructional
support for learners with a variety of needs and educational backgrounds.
- Must demonstrate technological competency: Proficiency in
Microsoft Office (or similar) applications, virtual instructional platforms, and student management systems.
- Extraordinary customer
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with ability to present information clearly, concisely, and
accurately; friendly, persuasive speaking and writing style.
- Well organized – conscientious and thorough with
- Ability to use data to make decisions.
- Strong understanding, acceptance, adherence and promotion of the tenets of
competency-based education in the WGU model.
Organizational or Student Impact:
- Accountable for decisions that impact individual students.
- Creates or facilitates learning experiences that support
students’ attainment of knowledge and skills.
- With specific guidance from senior faculty and program leaders, acts independently in
executing teaching practice.
Problem Solving & Decision Making:
- Works on diverse matters of limited
- Receives general direction from their immediate supervisor or manager.
- Effectively utilizes resources to address
student concerns and inquiries.
- Supports student needs to help them achieve course or program outcomes at the individual student
- Follows university and department established policies and best practices.
Communication & Influence:
- Communicates with students as appropriate to support student questions and needs.
- Communicates with fellow faculty members
as appropriate within and outside of the department.
- Provides feedback regarding discipline and practice leadership.
Leadership & Talent Management
- Serves as a contributing and collegial member of teams.
- Adheres to learning and
operational quality guidance and instructions.
- Supports initiatives within the area of specialty.
- Displays a positive
attitude toward change and supports change management practices.
- Master’s Degree in
Nursing. Education must be from an accredited institution and is verified.
- Active, unencumbered license to practice as a Registered
- CNE (Certified Nurse Educator) certification or within 1 year of hire.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience providing
student support and instruction.
- Demonstrated ability to work with diverse learner profiles.
- Ability to work a
student-friendly schedule (evenings/weekends).
- State and/or federal legislative requirements and/or college accreditation
requirements may apply in order to maintain the necessary credentialing for this role.
- Doctorate in nursing or health-related field, or terminal degree in a specific content area. Education must be from an accredited
institution and is verified.
- Candidates without a terminal degree may be considered with strong industry experience in nursing
education and/or nursing education certification.
- Nursing education experience.
- CNE (Certified Nurse Educator)
- Experience with distance education and distance learning students.
- Experience supporting graduate nursing
- Works primarily from home within the continental United States and
is available to travel to meetings as required.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able
to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
As an equal opportunity employer, WGU recognizes that our strength lies in our people. We are
committed to diversity.
As an equal opportunity employer, WGU recognizes that our strength lies in our people.
We are committed to diversity.