The School of Informatics, University of Edinburgh invites applications for a Field Trials Vehicle Engineer, on a fixed term contract for 3 years, with the possibility of extension subject to funding.
The primary purpose of this role is to provide vehicle engineering technical and logistical expertise to the research activities of the School’s newly established Autonomous Vehicles Laboratory. This involves all aspects of safely conducting field experiments with connected and autonomous vehicles, both within campus environments and on public roads.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Background in vehicle engineering, such as from a specialised degree
- Experience working in an industrial or research environment, involving the operation of vehicles, robots and complex hardware-software eco-systems
- Experience supporting and coordinating technical activities simultaneously across multiple research projects
- Familiarity with ADAS/ADS field trials, including safety cases and associated protocols
- Project management, problem solving and communication skills
Feedback is only provided to interviewed candidates. Please ensure a CV and supporting statement is provided in your application.
Further enquiries may be addressed to Ram Ramamoorthy: email@example.com