Location: Greenwich, London
Working Schedule: Part-Time, 20 hours
Contract Type: Fixed Term, January 2024 to June 2024
Start Date: ASAP
Oxford International and the University of Greenwich have entered into an agreement to provide pathway programmes in the University’s Greenwich Maritime campus. University of Greenwich International College offers a range level 3, level 4 and level 6 undergraduate and postgraduate programmes for international students. Programmes offer a variety of mathematical modules ranged across these levels.
Tutors deliver lessons that prepare students fully for participation in the first and second year of their university programme as well as preparing students for master’s programmes. The lessons adopt an interactive, student-centred approach that makes full use of the latest technology in order to provide students with a varied, lively and purposeful experience.
Main duties and responsibilities
- To be responsible for teaching, assessment, marking, academic development, module leadership, and scholarship in Engineering modules from Levels 3-6. Modules include teaching Solid works, Data Analysis, Pure Maths, Further Maths, Maths for Engineering, Mechanics, Advanced Mathematics, among others.
- To deliver academic subject specific modules face-to-face in one or various courses in Science Engineering and Computing to international students from a range of linguistic, educational and cultural backgrounds at one or various levels of study from level 3, level 4, and Level 6.
- Remain sensitive to the expectations of different nationalities whilst encouraging an open and questioning approach to learning that leads students to become independent learners
- Provide academic support for students, as appropriate, through consultations and tutorials, demonstrating a willingness to offer extra advice outside normal class hours
- Develop and maintain an encouraging classroom environment in which accepted rules of behaviour are consistently applied
- Select, prepare and use teaching and learning materials appropriate for international students and contribute relevant materials to the to the teachers’ shared resource drive
- Assess students throughout their modules, regularly creating, providing and marking both formative and summative evaluations
- Provide detailed oral and written feedback to students and other stakeholders, for example; the Head of English, the Administration Manager, and Academic Director and College Director, as required
- Act as personal tutor to a group of students and conduct one-to-one meetings at least once a term
- Carry out administrative and record-keeping tasks associated with teaching and assessment (e.g., accurate attendance records, student progress reports, test invigilation)
- Using the course descriptor write a scheme of work, assessments and marking criteria to specified deadlines
- Populate the VLE (Moodle) with relevant materials for students to access
- Provide module leadership that contributes to the quality assurance and enhancement of the programme
Applications should be made by sending a full and up to date CV with a 1-page supporting statement via the ‘Apply’ button above by 1st December.
Oxford International is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, and applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service, as this job involves working with children. This role meets the requirements in respect of exempted questions under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.
Oxford International is an equal-opportunity employer. Every applicant and employee has the same opportunities regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status.
This job description is provided as a guide to the role. It is not intended to be an exhaustive description of duties and responsibilities and may be subject to periodic revision.