The University of Texas Permian Basin’s College
of Health Science & Human Performance, School of Nursing welcomes applications for the position of Clinical Teaching
GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES: The Clinical Teaching Specialist is a
nursing faculty specialist, non-tenured 9-month position with a Master of Science in Nursing. The position has clinical expertise in general
nursing or specific nursing specialty. The Clinical Teaching Specialist will supervise and teach BSN students in the simulation, clinical,
and classroom settings. The ratio of faculty to students in the clinical setting involving direct patient care can be 1:10 and in the
simulation setting 1:15. Applicants must have completed the SON requirements for faculty teaching in the clinical and didactic setting, and
any additional compliance requirements of the institutions where clinical education is assigned, including but not limited to a background
check, documentation of vaccinations and titers, and required training.
SPECIFIC TASKS AND DUTIES:
1. Assist MSN
faculty in teaching students in the classroom, simulation lab, clinical setting in the hospital, or community, including virtual and live
simulation approaches to education in the pre-licensure and post-licensure programs.
2. Maintain current clinical competency and
knowledge of current evidence in the literature required to teach in the clinical, lab, and classroom settings.
3. May need to teach a
variety of classes under the College of Health Sciences and Human Performance policies while actively seeking ways to improve instruction
through evaluations of student learning outcomes and professional feedback.
4. If teaching courses, will be expected to attend scheduled
classes and post office hours (5 hours/week).
5. Continue to update and revise course content and teaching methodology to maintain
currency and relevance if assigned to teach didactic courses.
6. Non-teaching assignments include instructional development, assisting
students, participating in university wide activities and task forces, and other appropriate responsibilities.
1. Five (5) years of clinical practice.
2. Possesses advanced collaborative and communication skills
Able to work well with other members of teaching team, faculty, staff, and community.
4. The ability to successfully pass a criminal
1. Must hold an MSN.
2. Unencumbered license to practice nursing in TX
or another compact state required.
Required Application Materials
2. Curriculum Vitae (CV)
3. List of References
4. Teaching Philosophy Statement
5. Transcripts (Preferred)
Letters of Recommendation (Preferred)
Conditions of Employment
1. The job description is not a complete list
of all responsibilities and duties performed by employees. Employees may perform other related duties as assigned by their immediate
2. Employment is subject to an introductory period to monitor employee performance.
3. Once hired, the prospective
employee must present documentation within three (3) days of the hire date to establish their identity and employment eligibility as
required by Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE). Applicants must be able to show proof of eligibility to work in the United States by
time of hire. UTPB participates in e-Verify.
4. Employees must be able and willing to travel and perform duties away from campus as
necessary and must be able to operate a licensed motor vehicle, have access to a dependable motor vehicle, and possess a valid state
driver’s license. Must have and maintain a satisfactory driver’s record.
5. Employment is contingent upon a successful background
6. UT Permian Basin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a
Generally, the hours for this position are Monday through Thursday, 7:30 – 5:30
pm; Friday, 8:00 am – 12:00 pm with a one-hour lunch. The individual holding this position may need to be available early morning, evening,
and on weekends to meet the needs of the department. Hours worked may differ with some departments.
1. Able to lift various materials up to 25 pounds on an occasional basis.
2. Able to bend, crouch, and reach
3. Physically able remain seated, frequently to continuously.
4. Able to remain standing up to 15% of the time.
Possesses dexterity abilities required to perform job duties including extensive keyboard work, operating office equipment, performing
filing, and other job-related responsibilities that include extensive wrist and hand movement.
6. Standard working conditions may differ
depending on department and occupation.
1. UT Permian Basin offers an excellent
compensation package including Heath, Retirement, & Fringe Benefits for employees.
2. Coverage includes Medical, Prescriptions, Life
Insurance, AD&D, and matching retirement provided by UTPB for the employee.
3. You may also add Dental, Vision, Family, Spending
Accounts, Additional Retirement, and a few other coverages as options too.
4. Fringe benefits include Tuition Reimbursement (after one
year of service), Wellness Breaks, Employee Assistant Program (EAP), and meal deals, among other perks and discounts!
5. Our benefits
package, along with an ample leave policy, make for a great total compensation package.
The University of Texas Permian Basin is located in Odessa, Texas. It was authorized by the Texas Legislature in
1969 and founded in 1973. The Permian Basin is one of the fastest-growing, culturally vibrant, economically invigorated regions of the
country – full of industry, culture, and wide-open spaces. At the academic heart of this area sits The University of Texas Permian Basin -
which every year, delivers smart, savvy leaders across the U.S.
As a regional, comprehensive institution, The University of Texas
Permian Basin serves a diverse community of students from the region, the state, and beyond. Through excellence in student-centered
teaching, learning, research, and public service, the University cultivates engaged citizens and impacts lives while advancing the
technology and public interests of West Texas.
Our vision is that the University of Texas Permian Basin will be an innovative,
responsive university that thinks large and lives local. We will lead in advancing education, research, economic competitiveness, and
Visit our social media sites below for more information.
Thank you for your
consideration in today’s job market. We look forward to connecting with you more in the future.
To apply, visit https://zahr-prd-candidate-ada.utshare.utsystem.edu/psp/ZAHRPRDADA/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SE