Position Summary: This position will coordinate clinical placements and preceptorships to nursing students in collaboration with the nursing program chair. This position will be expected to perform a wide variety of clerical or specialized business functions. This position will ensure the efficient operation of this section of the department including clinical placement/ preceptorship management system updates, daily phone, in-person and electronic communication with students, faculty, and clinical sites. Will have other duty assignments during clinical/preceptorship placement downtime months. The ideal candidate will have a positive, professional attitude with excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
- Collaborate with the Program Chair to determine the clinical/ preceptor needs for the pending semester, concerns, and changes.
- Develop and maintain current contact information and web site links for clinical partners
- Stay updated on the clinical site requirements and preceptorship requirements
- Maintain a working knowledge of EXXAT and Jenzabar
- Electronically request clinical placements as required by site deadline
- Electronically enter faculty and student into approved sites by deadline imposed.
- Assure compliance is met by deadline imposed
- Assure that an annual no change in health status and background check has been completed for faculty/student
- Provide clinical students with a general overview of onboarding requirements at clinical sites prior to the end of each semester to assure understanding and compliance
- Provide email update to student/faculty to begin required onboarding.
- Provide documentation for specific clinical site as requested.
- Obtain, maintain, and track all clinical affiliation agreements and COI (certificates of Insurance) between the SON and clinical partners
- Work collaboratively across program, school, and campus in order to maximize community clinical relationships and success of the nursing program
- Perform other duties, responsibilities, or special projects as assigned
Skills and Experience:
- Experience working in healthcare required.
- Knowledgeable about the systems clinical partners require for requesting, placing, and onboarding students and faculty.
- Ability to work with modest supervision and confidence to problem solve and communicate clearly.
- Commitment to working as a team member and working with diverse constituencies.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to build relationships with other university departments. Ability to maintain confidentiality and accreditation records.
- Outstanding communication (verbal and written), organizational, and administrative skills.
- Sincere desire to assist current students; strong customer service orientation.
- Experience in office management; attention to detail; demonstrate flexible and efficient time management.
- Ability to utilize and strong proficiency in current computing technologies, including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.).
- Knowledge of Jenzabar is strongly preferred or willing to learn.
- Knowledge of EXXAT or willing to learn.
- Strong proficiency in all aspects of MS Outlook.
- Strong proficiency in MS Word and Excel (spreadsheets, databases), to conduct department business including mail merge, database for modestly complex data sorting and tracking and all business communications.
- Ability to work in an environment that is fast-paced, has frequent interruptions, and occasional noise in the immediate area.
- Available to work flexibly to coincide with faculty and student peak hours, special events, etc.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each primary duties satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform primary functions.
- May be required to lift up to 25 lbs.
- Must reach, bend, stoop, and lift.
- Must sit and/or stand throughout work day, sometimes for prolonged periods.
- Some repetitive motion may be required.
- Must listen carefully and speak clearly to others in person and on the telephone.
Extended hours in front of a computer screen may be required
- Can be scheduled for up to 40 hours a week
- Varying workflow; sometimes stressful with high workload times of the year
- Complete work required within a limited space
- Complete work required within a limited time
Mount Mary University encourages applications from all qualified candidates and is vitally committed to all aspects of diversity, equity, and inclusion. We welcome and encourage applications from qualified candidates and all will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, ethnicity, pregnancy, disability, genetic information, or any other groups protected by law. Mount Mary seeks to hire and retain personnel who will make a positive contribution to its mission, vision, and values.
For more information about diversity, equity, and inclusion at Mount Mary please visit http://www.mtmary.edu/about/diversity