Contract type: Variable Hours (up to 20 hours) – Fixed term (31/05/2024)
You will be joining us for the development of a new International Year One in Civil Engineering (Level 4) for the University of Leeds. Development of the course will include writing module specifications, course materials and all assessments. You will also teach on the course. Modules include Engineering Surveying, Construction Technology and Sustainability; Integrated Design Projects and Introduction to Architecture, Structures and Materials.
You will also teach on the Engineering Foundation Year (level 3), modules include Mathematics, Physics and Project Skills. You will empower students to reach the level they need to progress into university by providing student-centred, engaging, and innovative learning. You’ll undertake marking and feedback on formative and summative assessments.
ABOUT THE ROLE
- Play a key role in the development of the new IY1 Civil Engineering course, focusing on the module specifications, material and assessments.
- Contribute to the delivery and development of modules and teaching sessions offered by the Leeds ISC
- Prepare and deliver teaching sessions, with a maximum teaching load of up to 25 hours per week. The specific number of taught hours is subject to operational needs and will be discussed with successful candidates
- Prepare module tests and other forms of formative and summative assessments
- Mark students’ formative and summative assessments submissions and provide timely feedback to students on their performance, including writing regular student reports and tutorials
- Develop and update course material for modules and teaching sessions, including module material for the Virtual Learning Environment (VLE)
- A Bachelor’s degree (Essential)
- A Master’s in Civil Engineering or a related discipline (Desirable)
- Teaching qualification (Desirable)
- Experience teaching in UK higher, further education or sixth form (Essential)
- Experience working with international students (Desirable)