Salary: $65,000.00 – $70,000.00 Annually
Location: UT 84790, UT
Job Type: Full-Time Faculty
Job Number: 24FAC898-1
Division: College of Health Sciences
Opening Date: 08/28/2023
The Nursing Department, within the College of Health Sciences at Utah Tech University, is seeking applications for a tenure-track Assistant Professor of Nursing. The department, located in the state-of-the-art Taylor Health Sciences building (adjacent to St. George Regional Medical Center), offers associate, baccalaureate, and master degrees in Nursing. Information about the department and its associated programs and faculty can be found online at https://health.utahtech.edu/nursing/.
- Teach AASN, BSN, or MSN courses (lecture, laboratory, simulation, and/or clinical nursing) as assigned.
- Work with the department chair, dean, and other faculty to advance the University’s mission.
- Conducting student assessment,
- Mentoring part-time instructors, and
- Performing service for the College of Health Sciences and the University.
- Develop nursing curriculum/courses, with measurable learning outcomes.
- Assist in the development and continued assessment of the nursing program.
- Assist in ongoing efforts of all aspects of accreditation, including self-report, on-site visits, follow-up, and ongoing evaluation.
- Assist with student recruitment, advisement, placement, and follow-up efforts.
- Improve professionally and maintain currency in the field.
- Develop and maintain supportive relationships with community and state organizations.
- Fulfill faculty responsibilities, including participating in department events and committee meetings, holding regular office hours, and advising students. May have direct assignments in the AASN and/or RN-BSN and/or MSN programs.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Terminal degree (e.g. PhD, DNP, DNSc, or EdD) in Nursing or Education required; other research-focused nursing doctorates will also be accepted, as well as applicants currently enrolled in a doctoral program that will have graduation pending by August 2024.
- Must hold current Registered Nurse license for the state of Utah or eligibility to gain Utah licensure or by Interstate Compact.
- A minimum of three (3) years work experience in an acute care setting required.
- Ability to develop and evaluate innovative curricula.
- Knowledge of subject matter, appropriate course content, and current trends and methodologies in education and nursing; evidence of effective teaching in an institution of higher education (finalists will be required to demonstrate competency via a virtual or in-person teaching demonstration).
- Knowledge of computer-based technology as used in clinical and educational environments, including online teaching, mobile devices, and high-fidelity simulation.
- Strong organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to represent the Nursing Programs and Utah Tech University well to community partners, students, faculty, staff, and the general public.
POSITION DETAILS, COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS: Full-time (9-month) tenure-track faculty position. Faculty service begins August 2024, with pay and benefits starting July 1, 2024. Annual salary of $65,000-$70,000 depending on qualifications & experience, with additional compensation available for optional summer/overload teaching. Excellent benefits package included that begins on start date; includes medical, dental, vision, employee assistance and wellness programs, life, disability, retirement, and undergraduate tuition waivers for employees and eligible dependents. See https://humanresources.utahtech.edu/employee-benefits/ under “Benefits Summary” for more details.
ELECTRONIC APPLICATION PROCEDURES: Application review begins October 18, 2023; position open until filled. Candidates must submit a cover letter, curriculum vitae, contact information for three professional references (including email addresses), transcripts, and a Student Success Statement (1-2 pages about the candidate’s teaching or other professional experiences, successes, and/or challenges in working as a professional with a diverse student population). Please upload all the requested documents when you submit your application. Employment is contingent upon successful completion and certification of required degrees and upon successfully passing a background check. If, because of a disability, you need special services or facilities to apply for this opening, please call the Human Resources Office (435) 652-7520.
ABOUT THE UNIVERSITY: Utah Tech University is an open, inclusive, comprehensive, polytechnic institution, committed to exceptional student learning and success that has adopted an instructional approach of “active learning. active life” and a culture of innovation and entrepreneurship. We seek faculty and staff committed to creating an active, applied and career-oriented learning environment that is student-centered. Established in 1911 as a community college and in 2013 as a state university, our university is located in picturesque southwestern Utah, approximately 120 miles north of Las Vegas. The area is renowned for its red rocks, desert climate, over 300 days of sunshine annually, and featuring easy access to world-class outdoor recreational opportunities. Click here to learn more about the University.
Utah Tech University is a fast-growing Utah public institution of higher education, with more than 12,000 students. We offer over 250 programs, including masters, bachelors, associates, certificates, endorsements, minors, and/or emphases. We seek to recruit and retain diverse and ambitious faculty and staff who bring new ideas, possess values and career aspirations aligned with the mission and vision, and are inspired to build a premier open, inclusive, comprehensive, polytechnic university. Utah Tech University is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer; the President and employees of the University are fully committed to Affirmative Action within its employment programs and activities. Utah Tech does not discriminate or tolerate discrimination, including harassment, based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other status protected by University policy, Title IX, or any other federal, state or local law.
The following individuals have been designated to handle inquiries regarding the application of Title IX and its implementing regulations and/or the University’s non-discrimination policies:
- Director of Equity Compliance / Title IX Coordinator: Hazel Sainsbury – ti*****@ut******.edu, HCC 579, 435-652-7747.
- Deputy Title IX Coordinator: Jennifer Larimore – ti*****@ut******.edu, 435-652-7731.
For further information regarding non-discrimination, please visit https://titleix.utahtech.edu/ or contact:
- U.S. Department of Education, Office of Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights, firstname.lastname@example.org, 800-421-3481.
- U.S. Department of Education, Denver Regional Office, email@example.com, 303-844-5695.
The University provides key institutional information regarding Academics, Campus Safety, Student Services, Employment Laws, and other requirements per the Higher Education Act and other consumer information requirements to prospective students, students, UT employees, and prospective employees online at https://utahtech.edu/right-to-know/ and https://police.utahtech.edu/clery-act/.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification.
Highlights from Utah Tech’s benefits package include:
- 14.2% retirement contribution, paid 100% by the employer (no match required), vested on day 1 of full-time employment;
- Regular undergraduate tuition waiver (paid at 100%) for employee, spouse, and unmarried dependent children to take courses at Utah Tech;
- Full medical, dental, and vision plans, with low employee-paid premiums, that begins on day 1 of full-time employment;
- Flexible Spending Accounts or Health Savings Accounts available;
- Employer-paid basic life insurance & disability insurance coverage from day 1 of full-time employment;
- Generous staff leave accruals, plus 12 paid holidays per calendar year.