The LVN will be assigned to any Academic Clinics or UC Davis Health Community Clinic location to work various shifts for various lengths of time. The LVN is required to provide a minimum of 48 hours of availability (6 shifts) per four-week schedule period. At least 40 hours (5 shifts) of availability is required Monday – Friday, and 8 hours (1 shift) is required on a Saturday per four-week schedule period.
The LVN is responsible for sustaining an environment of intrinsic good will for the practice while providing optimum services to patients. The LVN provides licensed medical support to medical care providers as a vocational nurse for the department/clinical team to which it is assigned. The LVN is supervised by a licensed physician or registered nurse when performing duties within the vocational nurse scope of practice. The LVN works under the direction of clinic/department management for administrative purposes, including customer service, professional behavior & development, assignment & scheduling of work, and performance of job functions not requiring supervision by a LIP.
Travel is required to various clinic sites in the greater Sacramento area, Placer County, and Yolo County.
Apply By Date
09/22/2023 at 11:59pm; Interviews and recruiting process may occur at any time
- A minimum of two (2) years recent LVN work experience in a similar setting.
- Must provide documentation of graduation from an accredited school of vocational nursing, or completion of education and experience as a corpsman in the United States military.
- Valid IV Therapy Certification.
- Current AHA CPR certification or UCDH-issued CPR Certification.
- Valid venipuncture Certification and must pass Venipuncture verification exams.
- Must pass UCDHS Pharmacology verification exam.
- Knowledge of pertinent laws, regulations, and guidelines governing medical records; confidentiality, privacy, and provision to others, including HIPAA.
- Knowledge of medical terminology sufficient to communicate effectively with patients, health care providers and insurance company representatives regarding appointments, services, procedures, authorizations and referrals.
- Experience working in a Primary or Specialty Care outpatient setting.
The Ambulatory Care Division serves Sacramento, Yolo, and Placer counties providing a full complement of facilities and services including primary and specialty care hospital-based teaching clinics, community clinics, and research clinics. The Division is committed to maintaining a fully integrated Academic Health Center contributing to excellence in patient care, and enhancement of educational and research initiatives.
The Ambulatory Care Float Pool consists of 100+ PSR, MA, LVN and RN staff. We serve 36+ ambulatory clinic sites.
- Salary or Pay Range: $46.95
- Salary Frequency: Hourly
- Salary Grade: 140
- Payroll Title: VOC NURSE PD
- Number of Positions: 1
- Appointment Type: Per Diem
- Percentage of Time: 40%
- Shift Hours: 08 Hours
- Location: UCDHAS Building (actual work location will vary anywhere in the greater Sacramento area, Placer and Yolo counties)
- Union Representation: Yes
- Benefits Eligible: Yes
- Hybrid/Remote/On-Site: On-Site
- If you are represented by a union, benefits are negotiated between the University of California (UC) and your union and finalized in a contract. Read your bargaining unit’s employment contract, stay abreast of current negotiations and learn about collective bargaining at UC: https://ucnet.universityofcalifornia.edu/labor/bargaining-units/index.html
- Access to free professional development courses and learning opportunities for personal and professional growth
- Wellness and on-site Employee Assistance Program including access to free mental health services
- Supplemental insurance offered including additional life, disability, short/long term disability, pet insurance and legal coverage
- UC Davis cares about building a community, which is why we provide resources to enhance diversity, equity and inclusion as well as Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) to support our staff
- Learn more about our benefits and eligibility rules around our benefits here
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- Ability to lift, move, and/or position patients as necessary to room them and prepare them for exams and procedures.
- Must be willing to work variable days (including weekends), hours, and locations as required to meet the business needs of the practice.
- Travel is required to various clinic sites in the greater Sacramento area, Placer County, and Yolo County.
- This position is a critical position and subject to a background check and drug screen. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of background investigation including criminal history, identity checks, and drug screen.
- As a condition of employment, you will be required to comply with the University of California Policy on Vaccination Programs, as may be amended or revised from time to time. Federal, state, or local public health directives may impose additional requirements.
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging
At UC Davis, we’re solving life’s most urgent challenges to bring a fuller, healthier, and more resilient world within reach. We grow from every challenge we take on and we don’t just maintain – we improve. We recognize that creating an inclusive and intellectually vibrant organization means understanding and valuing both our individual differences and our common ground. The most comprehensive solutions come from the most diverse minds, and you belong here.
As you consider joining UC Davis, please explore our Principles of Community, our Clinical Strategic Plan and strategic vision for research and education, and our latest efforts to outgrow the expected. The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer advancing inclusive excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories covered by the UC nondiscrimination policy.
Because we want you to be seen, our recruiting process at UC Davis fosters authenticity, diversity, and inclusion. Studies have shown that some people may not apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. Each unique role at UC Davis has a set of requirements and you could be perfect for this role, or you could be perfect for the next role! Don’t meet all the requirements? We still encourage you to apply! #YouBelongHere