Adjunct Job Announcement
Position: Clinical License Practical Nursing Adjunct Instructor
Location: Elbert Campus
Department: Division of Life Sciences & Public Safety
Reports to: Program Chair for Licensed Practical Nursing and Divisional Academic Dean
Salary/Benefits: Salary is commensurate with education and experience. No State of Georgia benefits.
Deadline to Apply: November 27, 2023 at 4:00 p.m.
Responsibilities: The Clinical Practical Nursing Instructor will provide competent and comprehensive instruction in the Medical/Surgical nursing clinic courses in the Evenings.
- Associate’s Degree in Nursing.
- Proficiency in teaching methodology, supervision, instruction, evaluation, and guidance.
- Hold a current GA nursing license in good standing.
- Three (3) years of practice as a licensed registered nurse within the preceding seven (7) years.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing.
- One (1) year prior teaching experience at the post-secondary level.
- Three (3) years’ experience on Medical Surgical Unit.
- Ability to make presentations using advanced media technology, such as distance learning and online learning applications.
To apply, click “Apply to This Job” and submit your cover letter, resume/vita, three (3) professional references, and unofficial transcripts. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
NOTE: Official transcripts will be required upon an offer of employment. Official copies of transcripts may be sent directly to: Athens Technical College, Attn: Human Resources, 800 U.S. Highway 29 N, Athens, GA 30601 or send electronically to **@at********.edu .
**Employment is contingent based upon successful completion of appropriate background checks.
As set forth in its student catalog, Athens Technical College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, national or ethnic origin, sex, religion, disability, age, political affiliation or belief, genetic information, veteran status, or citizenship status (except in those special circumstances permitted or mandated by law).
The following individuals have been designated to coordinate the college’s implementation of nondiscrimination policies: Jessica Felts, Director of Student Support Services, Section 504 and the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) Coordinator, Office K-614A, 706/355- 5081 jf****@at********.edu; Sherri Heath, Director of Human Resources ; Title VI, Title VII, Title IX Coordinator (Employees), Office K-514, sh****@at********.edu, 706/583-2818; and Lenzy Reid, Vice President of Student Affairs, Title IX (Students) Office H-774, 706/355-5029, lr***@at********.edu, 800 U.S. Highway 29 North, Athens, GA 30601.
Laws prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, academic or economic disadvantage, or disability. Athens Technical College does not discriminate in any educational programs or activities or in employment policies. The following persons have been designated to handle inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies:
• Title VI (Civil Rights) and Title VII (Employment Applicant Civil Rights): Director of Human Resources, Room 301, (706) 583-2818
• Title IX (Sex Equity): Director of Human Resources, Room 301, (706) 583-2818
• Section 504 (Persons with Disabilities) and ADA: Director of Student Support Services and Career Development, Room 211, (706) 355- 5081
Inquiries concerning the application of Title VI, Title VII, Title IX, Section 504, and the Americans With Disabilities Act as related to the policies and practices of Athens Technical College may be addressed to the persons listed above: Athens Technical College, 800 U.S. Highway 29 North, Athens, GA 30601-1500.