This position is: OPEN
Job Number: 544 Posted: ongoing Revised:
Posting Type: Adjunct
Adjunct faculty in the online MSN Program.
Subscribe to the University’s Doctrinal and Mission Statements as well as meet the academic and professional requirements of the field in
which they are teaching.
* Teach and supervise, assigned pre-licensure nursing students before, during and post the clinical experience
Communicate on a regular basis with the Course Coordinator with reports of student progress, issues with facilities, questions, or other.
Any specific student concerns must be communicated prior to the midterm/final evaluations.
* Creates student assignments for didactic
and clinical education, direct and indirect patient care, and evaluates student performance per policy. Evaluates and provides written
feedback to students on a daily, weekly, mid and final evaluation of clinical progress in the clinical course.
* Abides by all clinical
partnership policies regarding onboarding requirements to meet any regulatory or facility policy.
* Follows School of Nursing policies
regarding the delivery, implementation, and evaluation of teaching of clinical experiences per the Faculty & Staff Handbook, and the
Clinical Instructor’s Procedure Manual.
* Embodies values of caring and compassion, justice and integrity, competence, and
* Seeks to treat each member of the campus community with fairness, dignity and respect seeking a spirit of unity and
harmony as we join together to achieve our common mission.
* All personnel who hold affiliate or adjunct faculty covenants are
considered to be
Associates of the Faculty, and are entitled to attend and speak at all meetings of the
University faculty, and of
the divisions and departments to which they have been appointed, without vote.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Must possess a valid and unencumbered Registered Nurse (RN) License in the State of
Must have achieved at
least a Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) degree from an accredited program
* Has a comprehensive grasp on his or her specialty area of
* Demonstrates excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Exhibits a commitment to promoting academic
excellence in students.
* Is able to motivate others.
* Has the ability to solve problems and assess results.
* Demonstrates a
high level of self-discipline and self-motivation.
* Exudes a positive, supportive, and cooperative disposition toward others.
punctual and detail-oriented with a demonstrated ability to perform assigned tasks.
* Must possess relevant professional and clinical
experience in the clinical area in which they teach, and area of specialization Participate in continuing education activity relevant to the
specific discipline or professional program
The following requirements must be completed annually throughout employment:
Professional Development Form (PA SBN Requirement)
Professional Activity Reports – submit to the Chief Nursing Administrator
Basic Life Support certification (BLS)
Personal Health Insurance
Professional Malpractice Insurance
Child abuse Clearance
Educational and experiential criteria
* If teaching at the graduate level,
possess at least a master’s degree in the discipline(s) of instruction.
* possess relevant professional experience.
* participate in
continuing education activity relevant to the specific discipline or professional program.
two performance in teaching/advising (see section 4.4.
About Eastern University
Eastern University is a Christian
university of the arts and sciences that integrates faith, reason and justice for students in its undergraduate, graduate, Seminary, urban,
professional and international programs. Applicants should have a religious commitment compatible with its mission and be willing to endorse
by signing Eastern University’s doctrinal statement. The university complies with federal and state guidelines of nondiscrimination in
employment; members of protected classes encouraged to apply.
Standard University employees are required to
complete the background clearance process.
Employment is contingent upon the successful results of an employment background screening.
The employment background screening may include but is not limited to your consumer credit history (for positions that work with the
university finances or alumni funds only), verification of education and professional credentials, criminal history, driving history,
residency, immigration status, performance, references, and other qualities pertinent to your qualifications for the following position.
Youth Clearances are required for positions with direct contact with children and essential personnel positions. Employees working
with or around minor age children are required to complete the youth clearance process which includes the following four child protection
2) FBI Criminal Record Check;
3) Pennsylvania Department of Human Services Child Abuse History
4) Pennsylvania State Police Criminal Record Check.
In accordance with state laws, Act 73 of 2007, Act 153 of
2014, Act 168 (relating to the Child
Protective Services Law), school employees of Eastern University who will have “direct contact with
children” must complete the background check process prior to employment. Results must be submitted within ten days of receipt.
This description is intended to describe the general level and nature of work performed by the
person/people assigned to this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive list of duties and responsibilities of the person/people
How to Apply
Our application process has recently changed. Submit the following documents to
eu****@ea*****.edu with the job search # in the subject line for processing. In an effort
to improve our recruitment process, please indicate how you learned about the vacancy by referencing HigherEdJobs as your source.
- Cover letter
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Names and contact information for three (3) professional references for
staff positions or three (3) professional reference letters for faculty positions.
- Faculty only are required to submit unofficial
- If you have any questions please emails eu****@ea*****.edu.
Eastern University is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action employer. Members of protected class groups are encouraged to apply.