Description for Internal Candidates
Come care with us! As an Nursing Faculty associate, for a certified Great Place to Work, you will guide nursing students to do
more than change their own lives – you will help change the lives of those they will treat. At West Coast University you will have the
opportunity to share your success story with the next generation of nurses!
Clinical location is Denison, TX
How you can impact:
- Serves as a mentor, role model and facilitator and provides guidance and academic
support for students.
- Demonstrates enthusiasm for teaching, the teaching/learning process and for individual students.
- Fulfills assigned teaching load.
- Participates in and contributes to assessment activities of courses/curriculum and program via
a continuous improvement plan as set forth by the University.
- Regularly contributes to improvement of class materials and syllabi
within prescribed shared governance culture.
- Utilizes a variety of teaching methodologies to instruct students, always with intent
to facilitate observable evidence of student fulfillment of prescribed learning outcomes.
- Maintain scholarly activities.
- Participate in professional growth and service in accordance with university policies.
- *If working with students in a Clinical
- Assumes complete responsibility for students in the clinical facilities.
- Clarifies clinical expectations with
- Clarifies student placement and expectations with clinical facility staff.
- Utilizes care planning time to direct
students to available resources needed for clinical preparation. Assesses student knowledge and skill level to ensure safety and optimal
care to patients.
- Utilizes pre and post conference to allow students an opportunity to share learned experiences. Correlates weekly
theory content with clinical objectives and experiences.
- Provides feedback of clinical performance immediately after observation of
event and, of overall performance at midterm and end of semester.
Who You Are:
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite Products, especially Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and other MS office products as needed.
- Working with online learning management systems to further engage the student learning process.
- Compliance with state, federal
and local laws/regulations relating to programs, governmental compliance, and other regulatory standards such as state Board of
- Clinical RN – Must have a minimum of two (2) year’s prior experience as a registered nurse providing direct patient care
and have a minimum of one year experience in the field in which they teach.
Education: Education and
experience must align with state regulations and comply with the rules and regulations of state authorization agencies.
- Master’s degree in nursing
- Professional nurse licensure required.
West Coast University is proud to be an equal
opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are dedicated to creating an inclusive environment for all associates. If you feel that
this role could make you excited to come to work and you can envision yourself working at our organization, please apply! West Coast
University is a place where everyone can grow.