Come care with us at West Coast University! As a Nursing Faculty member for a certified Great Place to Work, you will
guide nursing students to do more than change their own lives – you will help change the lives of every patient they treat throughout their
career in healthcare. At West Coast University you will have the opportunity to share your success story with the next generation of nurses
as a key member of our student-centered, innovative community!
You will make an impact by:
- Serving as
a mentor, role model and facilitator who provides guidance and academic support for students.
- Demonstrating enthusiasm for
teaching, the teaching/learning process and for individual students.
- Applying your skills and experience to your assigned teaching
- Participating in and contributing to assessment activities of courses/curriculum and programs via a continuous
improvement plan set forth by the University.
- Regularly contributing to improvement of class materials and syllabi within
prescribed shared governance culture.
- Utilizing a variety of teaching methodologies to instruct students, always with intent to
facilitate observable evidence of student fulfillment of prescribed learning outcomes.
- Maintaining scholarly activities.
- Participating in professional growth and service in accordance with university policies.
- Advancing our commitment and focus on
the students we serve, and their success as healthcare professionals.
- Fully leveraging our innovative technologies and resources,
such as our Simulation and Innovation Labs.
- *If working with students in a Clinical setting you will:
- Assume complete
responsibility for students in clinical facilities.
- Clarify clinical expectations with students.
- Clarify student placement
and expectations with clinical facility staff.
- Utilize care planning time to direct students to available resources needed for
- Assess student knowledge and skill level to ensure safety and optimal care to patients.
- Utilize pre-
and post- conference to allow students an opportunity to share learned experiences, ensuring clarity of the correlation between weekly
theory content with clinical objectives and experiences.
- Provide feedback of clinical performance immediately after observation of
event and of overall performance at midterm and end of semester.
- Assume complete
Your Experience Includes:
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite Products, especially Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and other MS office products as
- Working with online learning management systems to further engage the student learning process.
- Compliance with
state, federal and local laws/regulations relating to programs, governmental compliance, and other regulatory standards such as state Board
- Clinical RN – Must have a minimum of two (2) year’s prior experience as a registered nurse providing direct patient
care and have a minimum of one year experience in the field in which they teach.
Education: Education and
experience must align with state regulations and comply with the rules and regulations of state authorization agencies.
- Master’s degree in nursing
- Professional nurse licensure required.
West Coast University is proud to be an equal
opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are dedicated to creating an inclusive environment for all associates. If you feel that
this role could make you excited to come to work and you can envision yourself working at our organization, please apply! West Coast
University is a place where everyone can grow.