Come care with us! As an Nursing Faculty associate, for a certified Great Place to Work, you will guide nursing students to do more than change their own lives – you will help change the
lives of those they will treat. At West Coast University you will have the opportunity to share your success story with the next generation
How you can impact:
- Serves as a mentor, role model and facilitator and provides guidance and
academic support for students.
- Demonstrates enthusiasm for teaching, the teaching/learning process and for individual
- Fulfills assigned teaching load.
- Participates in and contributes to assessment activities of courses/curriculum
and program via a continuous improvement plan as set forth by the University.
- Regularly contributes to improvement of class
materials and syllabi within prescribed shared governance culture.
- Utilizes a variety of teaching methodologies to instruct
students, always with intent to facilitate observable evidence of student fulfillment of prescribed learning outcomes.
- Participate in professional growth and service in accordance with university policies.
- *If working
with students in a Clinical setting:
- Assumes complete responsibility for students in the clinical facilities.
clinical expectations with students.
- Clarifies student placement and expectations with clinical facility staff.
care planning time to direct students to available resources needed for clinical preparation. Assesses student knowledge and skill level to
ensure safety and optimal care to patients.
- Utilizes pre and post conference to allow students an opportunity to share learned
experiences. Correlates weekly theory content with clinical objectives and experiences.
- Provides feedback of clinical performance
immediately after observation of event and, of overall performance at midterm and end of semester.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite Products, especially Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and other MS office
products as needed.
- Working with online learning management systems to further engage the student learning
- Compliance with state, federal and local laws/regulations relating to programs, governmental compliance, and other
regulatory standards such as state Board of Nursing.
- Clinical RN – Must have a minimum of two (2) year’s prior experience as a
registered nurse providing direct patient care and have a minimum of one year experience in the field in which they teach.
Education: Education and experience must align with state regulations and comply with the rules and regulations of state
- Master’s degree in nursing
- Professional nurse licensure required.
University is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are dedicated to creating an inclusive environment for
all associates. If you feel that this role could make you excited to come to work and you can envision yourself working at our organization,
please apply! West Coast University is a place where everyone can grow.